Thursday, September 27, 2012

High School Life

School...*sigh* Getting up at 6:00
in the morning isn't exactly my ideal wake up time for 5 out of the 7 days of the week. Now don't get me wrong, i'm glad i'm able to go to school and get and education and all that good stuff, but 8 hours of continuous learning?! You've got to be kidding me. However, i love to be able to see my best friend every day. Talk about a major plus...i think that's the only thing that makes school somewhat interesting. Some people love school and wish they could be there 24/7. Well, that's not me. I would rather be shopping at the mall, getting a manicure, or hanging out with my best friend, somewhere that's not school. I guess all this learning pays off when i see all those A's on my report card. That feeling of accomplishment, there's nothing better! School is where some of the best memories. All of those embarrasing times when I spilled Coke on my pants or fell down the stairs. I can laugh about them all now and I can rest knowing my friends will constantly bring them back up making us all laugh. I don't know about you guys, but i go to a private school. I love being in a safer environment but one big downside is the dress code. It's super strict. Khacki or Navy pants, a solid polo (tucked in of course) and a belt. I would give anything to walk into school with jean shorts, a t-shirt, and a pair of flip flops. That would be like paradise in my school. I wish we could have our phones at school. We have to turn them into a cart that goes into the office all day, and we get them back at the end of the day. I wonder if the people go through our text messages looking for something that they can give us demerits for. Not that i put anything bad in my texts, but that's personal property. That's MY phone, they better not be looking through my contacts and texts. High School can be pretty dramatic and stressful at times, especially juggling cheerleading, softball, and school work. My parents expect me to get straight A's or nothing less than a B. I'm just an average teenage girl who spends way too much time on my hair, spends way to much money on the most fashionable clothes, and loves to paint my nails. And i'm supposed to make good grades on top of cheer and softball twice a week, and i have a social life. I want to go to the movies when my friends go, and often i have to stay home because i have to study for a test so i can make a 100. But, i would never give up my sports just so my life would be easier. I may get mad when my nails chip, but i don't mind sliding into home plate when i need to. I guess i'm not sure if I like school or not...but for now, i guess we will gust say i don't. (:

1 comment: